Projectors have improved over the past decade, and one of the advancements in projector technology is the invention of short throw technology and the best short throw projectors. Now you may be wondering, what does short throw mean? It’s a term used to describe the minimum distance needed between the projector and the screen so that it can accurately “throw” an image.
Projectors used to require a large throw of around a few meters, but with advancements in technology, you’re now able to use it with just a few feet in between. That allows you to use the projector in areas with limited space, such as offices, classrooms, and living rooms.
With so many models and brands, as well as features to compare, looking for the perfect short throw projector might be daunting. Hence, we will introduce you to three of the best short-throw projectors available on the market today.
Best Short Throw Projectors: Our Tops Picks
1. Epson LCD Projector
This Epson projector features a widescreen with 1080p and HD quality. The screen size projected can be up to 300 inches, which is a 25 times larger surface area than a 60-inch TV, this means you’ll have your own home theater at a fraction of the cost. Use it to host a huge dinner party and include a movie for all your guests.
The projector works at 3,100 lumens, which means it is ideal for various lighting conditions, you can put it in a dark or dim lit room, as well as a bright room. Additionally, the versatile connectivity of this unit allows you to use HDMI, MGL, or other cables to connect to your PC, cable box, or Blu-ray disc player. You also have the option of connecting it to gaming devices or use it for streaming.
Its color accuracy allows you to see enhanced color brightness which has up to three times wider color gamut than other projectors in the price range. The innovative technology will enable you to clearly see the video and images on the screen without any feedback or rainbow effects. This makes it excellent for offices, home theaters, or classrooms.
- Widescreen Full HD 1080p entertainment up to 300" - life-sized images up to 25x larger than a 60" flat panel, on virtually any blank wall or screen.
- Bright - ideal for a variety of lighting conditions, the Projector has 3, 100 Lumens of color/White brightness (2).
- Versatile connectivity - 2x HDMI ports (1x MHL) to Connect your cable/satellite box, Blu-ray Disc player, gaming console or streaming device.
- Remarkable color accuracy - up to 3x higher color brightness (3) and up to 3x wider color gamut (4) with Epson over DLP projectors.
- Innovative 3LCD technology - amazing action scenes with no rainbow effect. PC and Mac compatible
- Widescreen projection
- Good quality images
- Bright display
- Multiple connectivity options
- Produces accurate colors
- Noisy operation
The Epson LCD Projector is a product that can connect to multiple devices and project large and clear images in well-lit and dark environments.
2. ViewSonic PJD5553LWS Projector
The unit’s large display projection allows you to project up to 120 inches image size and only needs to be placed five feet from the screen. The lumens are set at 3,200, which makes this projector perfect for office or classroom use.
Fitted into the projector is a light which can last up to 10,000 hours of use, which means you don’t have to replace the bulb immediately. There is also an eco-friendly mode, which can help cut down on electric usage. It supports media players, laptops, mobile devices and includes plugs for VGA and HDMI cords.
To set up the projector, all you need to do is plug it in and connect it to your device. The screen has bright and vibrant colors, which can help provide better contrast and brightness in medium-lit environments.
If you’re not completely satisfied with this projector, there is a three-year manufacturer warranty which covers parts and labor issues. There is also a one-year light warranty, which allows you to have the light replaced if there are any cracks, damages, or issues. That is a significant benefit since projectors aren’t cheap and fixing one may cost more than purchasing a new one.
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for use in education and small business environments
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Projects 120 inches from 4-feet 2-inches in 3200 lumens
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control; just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Dynamic Eco-Mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 10,000 hours
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage, and access to our US-based customer service team
- Versatile projection
- Large display
- Flexible Connectivity
- Risk-free purchase
- Poor speaker quality
The ViewSonic PJD5553LWS Projector is a versatile model which has been enhanced to include visual features for education and business presentations.
3. Optoma EH200ST Projector
The Optoma EH200ST Projector can project images from 40 to 300 inches in size. The short throw range allows it to only need 3.5 feet of space between the projector and the screen. For added convenience, there is low latency which provides faster projection from your device to your projector.
This projector also includes full HD graphics in 1080p and uses DLP technology. The DLP creates sharp pictures and allows you to see videos, pictures, and other graphics with high color contrast and brightness.
Additionally, the brightness is at 3,000 lumens, which means you can use it in medium-lit environments. It also has a contrast ratio of 20,000:1, which allows you to see vibrant colors that stay true to the colors you see in everyday life.
You can stream from your mobile device, tablet, computer or through the two installed HDMI ports. The VESA 3D sync port allows you to use computer compatibility with UXGA, SXGA, HD, SVGA, and more.
Included with the box are a lens cap, carrying case, and remote control. Since this projector was designed to be used for businesses, the machine offers quiet operation, which allows the fan to keep the projector cool without producing any annoying or distracting noises.
- Project a 100" diagonal image only 3.5-feet from the screen
- All digital connectivity for lowest latency and faster response time
- 20,000:1 contrast ratio adds visual impact to presentations, and VESA 3D sync port
- MHL enabled HDMI port, present directly from your mobile phone or tablet
- VESA 3D Sync Port,Computer Compatibility:UXGA, SXGA, WXGA, HD, XGA, SVGA, VGA, Mac
- Large Display
- Digital and flexible connectivity
- High contrast ratio
- Quiet operation
The Optoma EH200ST Projector is a product that can project large images quickly at a very short distance. This has been specifically designed for business use but can also be used at homes.
The best short throw projectors allow you to save space and use them in cramped or limited spaces. They are also designed to have extra-large display ranges which can be anywhere from 50 to 300 inches. That’s insane when it comes to comparing it to a regular flat screen TV, as the images will be up to 30 times bigger than most large-sized TV screens, and because of the extensive range, these projectors are perfect for use in big events which include many people.
If we had to choose one of the above models, we’d have to recommend the Optoma EH200ST Projector because it features the most benefits when it comes to HD picture quality and crisp and clear audio and visuals. It also has a wide display range, features flexible connectivity, and allows you to project from a very short distance.
Nonetheless, no matter which short throw projector you choose, each of them is designed to be high quality, works in multiple environments, and features a short distance throw range.