In the past, projectors were usually something that you only found in movie theatres, but as homeowners begun to harness technology for at-home use, portable projectors became very popular. If you’re ready to forego the traditional home entertainment system and upgrade to the best portable projector, it’s important to review some of the top models you can get your hands on.
Best Portable Projector Reviews
1. Epson PowerLite Portable Projector
The Epson PowerLite Portable Projector is unique in its own right because it offers an incredibly slim profile that makes it easy to mount or store anywhere in your family room. It has plenty of other features that are specifically designed to deliver high-quality images and video to your screen or wall.
Some of the most notable features of the Epson PowerLite Portable Projector include:
- Travel-compatible: If you’re heading out on a family vacation or a work trip and want to bring your projector, this model makes it quite easy as it’s designed to be as thin as a traditional laptop and it only weighs four pounds.
- Bright in well-lit rooms: With the combination of 3200 lumens for color brightness and 3200 lumens for white brightness, even if you’re trying to watch content in a well-lit room, the Epson PowerLite Portable Projector performs very well.
- WXGA resolution: For homeowners who are tired of the quality of traditional TV sets or old projectors, this best portable projector model offers a WXGA resolution (1280×800), which is twice the detail of SVGA.
- Wireless connectivity: No matter if you’re watching your favorite TV show, streaming something from your laptop, or showing family members photos from your phone, the Epson PowerLite Portable Projector makes it easy with its wireless connectivity. You can also easily move the projector around the room without having to worry about keeping it connected to the streaming device.
- Internet connectivity: In order to offer its wireless capabilities, the Epson PowerLite Portable Projector comes with a LAN module that easily connects to a variety of devices.
- Useful for meetings and personal use
- Very bright and sharp images
- Easily self-focuses and auto-adjusts
- Poor quality native sound
- Only offers one HDMI port
- Lightweight and travel friendly - thin as a laptop; weighs just 4 lb.
- Look for two numbers - 3,200 lumens Color Brightness for more accurate, vivid color and 3,200 lumens White Brightness for well-lit rooms.
- Sharp images - WXGA resolution (1280 x 800); offers 2x more resolution than SVGA for HD-quality presentations;Projector is compatible with PC and Mac computers
- Wireless - project from your laptop, tablet, or smartphone without plugging into the projector, so you can move freely about the room..Far more accurate color with Epson - 3LCD, 3-chip technology for 3x Higher Color Brightness and up to 3x Wider Color Gamut than competitive DLP projectors.
- Includes a high-speed LAN module for wireless connectivity
This is a multi-purpose projector that can display clear and sharp images from different devices, no matter what the room’s lighting condition is.
2. Artlii Movie Projector
If quality is your number one priority in a projector, the Artlii Movie Projector is a strong competitor to use to your advantage.
The most noticeable features of the Artlii Movie Projector include:
- Versatile design: There are plenty of activities you can achieve with this projector including watching movies and sporting events, playing video games, and even showing photos to friends and family members.
- High-level stereo speakers: Compared to other projectors that have extremely poor native sound, the Artlii Movie Projector is integrated with high-level stereo speakers for a more dynamic listening experience without having to connect external speakers.
- Easy connectivity: You’ll be able to connect a wide variety of different devices to the Artlii Movie Projector including your laptop, DVD player, USB storage device, smartphone, and TV.
- Low noise: The specialized cooling technology within the projector produces a low noise cooldown compared to overly noisy fans found in other projectors.
- High-quality imagery: With a 1080p resolution, you’ll have access to incredibly sharp and clear images and videos with the help of your new projector.
- Has crisp sound at higher and lower volumes
- Easy to setup
- Incredible clarity and coloring
- Convenient streaming options
- Not recommended for well-lit rooms
- The focus is difficult to lock
- Portable Size with Large Screen Projector is only 8.97*5.75*3.13 inch (No bigger than an ipad) and weigh about 2.5 lb. Mini and Portable, No need to fix on wall. The projection screen size can be as large as 130 Inch. Best viewing size is 80"-100".
- + 80% Brightness and Sharp Image The 2018 upgraded Artlii Portable video projector delivers a cinematic viewing experience with upgrading 80% brightness and 1500:1 Contrast Ratio. The Image is clear and vibrant.
- HiFi Stereo with Lower Noise Equipped with 2 HiFi stereo, The Mini Projector produces powerful and dynamic sound. Adopting innovative cooling system, It also cuts fan noise in half.
- Broad Compatibility With HDMI Port, VGA and USB Port, It's simple to connect with your phone, use a TV box, play content from laptop or any other mainstream media devices. Its Perfect for watching movie, amazon fire TV, sport matches ,playing video games.
- 3-YEAR MONEY BACK WARRANTY All our customers are protected by our 3 year 100% Money Back Guarantee. Our professional customer service & technical support will help you with all the questions 7 days a week.
With crisp and clear images, an easy-to-use interface, and an incredibly versatile design, you’ll be able to use this excellent projector for family parties or serious business meetings with ease.
3. ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector
As another portable projector that you can take with you from one location to another, the ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector helps you enjoy your favorite media easier than you think.
There are several great features that you’ll be sure to appreciate in the ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector, including:
- Portable design: No matter if you intend on keeping your projector in the same spot in your family room or if you want to move it from one room to another, the options are endless. With its highly portable design, you can even bring the ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector to work for presentations or camping trips with the family.
- Large projection: The projection size of this unit is recommended for big screens with the help of the shorter throw lens. You can project media up to eight feet and nine inches.
- High-quality audio: Compared to the other two projectors on this list, the ViewSonic M1 Portable Projector has far superior sound as it’s equipped with built-in Harman Kardon speakers that are designed to fill your entire room with crisp and dynamic sound.
- Built-in battery: The built-in battery only helps add to the portability of this projector, and it offers up to six hours of continuous use. You can then charge the entire unit with the USB-C port.
- Premium sound quality
- Good brightness and picture quality
- The rechargeable battery is very useful.
- Easy to use and keep charged
- Modest screen resolution
- Easy to accidentally knock out of focus
- Poor battery life
- PORTABLE PROJECTOR: Ultra-portable WVGA (854x480p) LED projector that delivers convenient entertainment in nearly any room
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Shorter throw lens project up to 100-inches from 8-feet 9-inches
- PREMIUM AUDIO: Built-in Dual Harman Kardon speakers deliver room-filling audio
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control, just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures
- LONG BATTERY LIFE: A built-in battery provides up to 6 hours of power, and can charge mobile devices via USB Type C when the power adapter is plugged in
This is one of the top-tier projector models that you need to start with when you’re making the transition from a traditional TV to a projector, especially as it has all the features you’d expect a projector to have.
Our Final Recommendation
When it comes to finding the best portable projector for your needs, we’d recommend the Epson PowerLite because it offers the combination of portability as well as high-quality resolution. There are plenty of things that you’ll like about the projector, especially as it offers wireless connectivity and the ability to view content in either dark or well-lit rooms easily.
The only downside to the Epson PowerLite is that it doesn’t offer the highest quality sound on the market, but this can easily be remedied with a pair of external speakers or a set of headphones while you’re on the go. Other than that one disadvantage, you’ll have the most pleasant viewing experience with the Epson PowerLite Portable Projector.