The concept of only being able to enjoy 2D media is a thing of the past, especially with the jaw-dropping experience of watching your favorite show in 3D. Instead of investing in a 3D TV and entertainment system, why not consider the best 3D projector instead? There are plenty of devices on the market, which is why we’ve curated our top three 3D projectors that will transform the way you experience movies.
Best 3D Projector Reviews
1. Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector
The Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector offers a sleek and stylish appearance as well as boasting numerous features that you’re sure to appreciate every time you boot up your advanced entertainment system.
There are plenty of great features of the Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector including:
- Full HD resolution: You’ll be able to enjoy both 2D and 3D media in full 1920×1080 HD resolution, giving you access to the highest quality media streaming. You’ll also be able to harness the power of the 3200 lumens projector lamp and a 25,000:1 contrast ratio.
- Long lamp life: The built-in lamp on this projector has up to 8000 hours of life, which means you won’t have to worry about purchasing a new bulb for at least 10 years.
- Integrated high-quality speakers: With the help of the built-in 10W speaker, you’ll be able to listen to your favorite media with crystal-clear sound quality that eliminates the need for external speakers.
- Full 3D compatibility: No matter if you’re watching content on a 3D Blu-ray player or a gaming console, the Optoma HD27 Home Theater Projector is designed for handling up to 144Hz refresh rates for smooth 3D images with crystal-clear graphics that are arguably better than most television sets.
- Smart connectivity: For the use of your smart devices, you’ll appreciate the MHL v1.2 connectivity port.
- Very easy setup and use
- Impressively bright on walls and screens
- Can be mounted over 13 feet away
- Superior 3D content viewing
- May have a slight glare in bright rooms
- Slight latency lag with video games
- Requires extra items for 3D compatibility
- Screen Size Range: 71-inches from 8 feet; 107-inches from 12 feet.Throw ratio 3 1.48 - 1.62:1
- Brightness: 3200 ANSI Lumens. Refer user guide below.
- Contrast Ratio: 25,000:1; Keystone Correction: Yes, Lens Shift: No
- Warranty: 1-Year Limited Parts and Labor, 90-Days on Lamp. Lightweight and portable
- Inputs/Outputs: 2xHDMI 1.4a (MHL), 3D Vesa Sync Port, Audio Out 3.5mm, 12V Trigger, USB-A (Power)
If you’re on the lookout for a user-friendly device that is equipped with one of the longer lasting lamp bulbs on the market, this device is perfect for you. By using this unit in dark rooms, you’ll be able to experience big-screen, 3D viewing and quality sound with every show and movie.
2. InFocus IN112XA Projector
The InFocus IN112XA Projector has an assortment of impressive features that you aren’t likely to find in other 3D projectors, especially in terms of longevity.
Some of the most outstanding features of the InFocus IN112XA Projector include:
- Long-lasting lamp: Compared to other 3D projectors, the InFocus IN112XA Projector has an impressive lamp life that can give you over 15,000 hours of viewing over the years.
- Adaptable design: No matter if you want to watch your favorite 3D movie and play video games or if you’re setting up a business presentation, this 3D-ready device offers plenty of great uses.
- Bright and vibrant images: Even if you’re projecting onto a screen or a wall, you’ll finally have access to the bright and vibrant display you’ve been searching for. With a 3600-lumen lamp and a contrast ratio of 18000:1, you’ll have more vivid whites and deeper blacks than ever before.
- Large viewing size: You’ll easily be able to adjust the viewing size of the projector from 28” to 300”, depending on your personal preference. Homeowners can also set the projector anywhere from two to 12 meters away from their screen.
- Multiple ports: With this projector, you certainly won’t run out of different devices to stream media from as it is designed with HDMI, VGA, and USB inputs.
- Comes with remote control and connectivity cables
- Delivers impressive imagery in bright rooms
- Offers convenient menu options
- Near-silent cooling fan
- Poor built-in speakers
- Must be used with an HDMI cable for optimal viewing
- LONGEST LASTING LAMP - Get over 15,000 hours of viewing with a long lasting projector lamp that will provide hours of crystal clear viewing, whether it's being used for business presentations or the perfect 3D home cinema experience (3D Glasses sold separately).
- GET BETTER IMAGES ON ANY SURFACE - Get better, brighter images on any surface with the 3600 lumen lamp and 18000:1 contrast ratio for brighter whites, darker blacks, and an overall sharper image.
- SUPERIOR VIEWING EXPERIENCE - Enjoy your home theater or next business presentation on the perfect screen. It offers 28"-300" viewing size with a projector distance of 1m-12m respectively.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - InFocus stands behind its projectors with a 2 year warranty and the best customer service you will find. No voicemail, no phone tree. Give them a call, get a solution. The IN112xa has replaced the IN112a & IN112v.
If you’re searching for the right home entertainment device that isn’t likely to deteriorate after hours of continuous use, this is the ideal model for you, especially as the majority of projectors can be a hefty investment for households.
3. Acer H5382BD Home Theater Projector
As a renowned electronics brand, Acer has developed one of the best 3D projector concepts with limited features that is incredibly simple to set up and use for a wide variety of purposes.
A few of the most impressive features of the Acer H5382BD Home Theater Projector include:
- HD native resolution: With this particular projector, you’ll be able to harness its native resolution of 1280×720, which is more than sufficient for HD television shows, movies, and video games. You’ll also appreciate the 20000:1 contrast ratio and 3300-lumen brightness.
- Sufficient lamp life: The Acer H5382BD Home Theater Projector is equipped with a lamp that is designed to last up to 5000 hours with regular viewing use, 6000 hours with eco-friendly viewing, and 10,000 hours with extreme eco-friendly viewing.
- Multiple inputs: You’ll be able to stream plenty of media from a wide variety of devices as this projector handles different input types such as HDMI, MHL, PC audio, and analog RGB video.
- ColorBoost 3D: When viewing your favorite 3D content, you’ll experience colors like never before with Acer’s patented ColorBoost 3D technology. All colors of your media will be enhanced regardless of what surface you’re viewing it on.
- Works well indoors and outdoors
- Great viewing in slightly lit rooms
- Ideal for first-time projector users
- Does not arrive with mounting equipment
- Poor audio
- Projection Sytem: DLP
- Resolution: Native 720p (1280 x 720)
- Brightness: 3300 ANSI Lumens (Standard)
- HDMI/MHL Connectivity
If you’re searching for the right entertainment device with a simple operation and setup, the Acer H5382BD Home Theater Projector is a reliable unit to consider.
Our Final Recommendation
The InFocus IN112XA Projector is our recommended unit as the best 3D projector possible because it has 3600-lumen lamp with a 18000:1 contrast ratio. Its superior viewing quality is what sets it apart from the other devices on this list, especially when it comes to watching 3D content. Another advantage of the InFocus IN112XA Projector is that it comes with everything that you need to set it up, aside from the 3D components, which helps you save time and money.
At the end of the day, if you’re in the market for crisp and clear 3D viewing in both bright and dark rooms, the InFocus IN112XA Projector is your best option.